Video metrics service comScore today released data showing that nearly 40 billion online video views occurred during last month.
- Google Sites, driven primarily by video viewing at YouTube.com, ranked as the top online video content property in January with 152 million unique viewers.
- VEVO 51.5 million.
- Yahoo! sites 49.2 million.
- Viacom Digital 48.1 million.
- Facebook.com 45.1 million.
- Nearly 40 billion videos views occurred during the month, with Google Sites generating the highest number at 18.6 billion, followed by Hulu with 877 million and VEVO with 717 million.
- The average viewer watched 22.6 hours of online video content, with Google Sites (7.5 hours) and Hulu (3.2 hours) demonstrating the highest average engagement among the top ten properties.
Insightful data for web series creators to chew on. See full data here.